Daycare/Boarding/Grooming Service Agreement
- This Agreement sets out the Terms of Service between Doggie Retreat and the Owner of the Pet(s) who engages Doggie Retreat for its daycare and/or boarding / grooming services (“the Services”).
- For avoidance of doubt, the Services include:
- Cage-free day care
- Dog walking
- Grooming (at the request of the Owner and at additional charges)
- 2-way transportation (at the request of the owner and at additional charges)
- Boarding (at the request of the owner and at additional charges)
- For the purposes of this Agreement, any reference to:
- “Pet” or “Pets” refer to all pets who are under the ownership of the Owner who may engage Doggie Retreat’s Services now or in the future; and
- “Owner” or ‘Owners” refer to the persons who have engaged Doggie Retreat’s Services or are authorized to make decisions on behalf of the Pets, such as family members.
- DAYCARE HOURS
- Doggie Retreat’s daycare hours are from 8.00am to 7.00pm on Mondays to Sundays. Owners are required to pick up their Pets by 12:00pm on the day of check out, otherwise additional charges may be levied.
- In the event that the Owner does not pick up the Pet by 8:00pm or notifies Doggie Retreat of a late pick-up (after 12:00pm), Doggie Retreat shall recommend the Owner to board the Pet overnight and shall charge the Owner the applicable boarding rates.
- In the event the Pet is not picked up within ten (10) calendar days from the original scheduled pick-up date, the Pet shall be deemed to be abandoned and Doggie Retreat shall take any and all steps deemed necessary to arrange for the rehoming of the pet either by way of adoption, private, or public sale.
- In such an event, the Owner shall be deemed to have waived all statutory and legal rights to the Pet.
- Notwithstanding the above, the Owner shall remain liable for any and all Service Fees payable and agrees to pay any and all costs incurred by Doggie Retreat for the purposes of rehoming the Pet.
- The rates quoted on the invoices issued to Owner are based on the period of stay of the Pet and/or any other additional services that may be requested by the Owner (“Service Fees”). Such rates are subject to change and shall be dependent upon any changes in date of the arrival and/or departure of the Pet.
- Doggie Retreat’s rates may be updated from time to time and the Owner shall be notified of the changes via the Owner’s preferred communication method(s).
- Rates quoted are in Singapore Dollars and are not inclusive of any applicable prevailing government taxes at the time.
- The Owner shall make payment of the Service Fees within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of the invoice provided by Doggie Retreat. In the event of late payment, Doggie Retreat shall be entitled to charge late-payment fees of $10 per calendar day that payment is delayed beyond the fourteen (14) days referred to above.
- The Owner agrees to make full payment of the Service Fees as set out in the invoices that have been issued and such payment shall be made free from any restrictions, conditions, deductions, or withholding.
- DOGGIE RETREAT CARE & UPDATES
- Doggie Retreat and its employees agree to supervise the Pet at all times and take reasonable care of the Pet during its time at Doggie Retreat.
- Doggie Retreat shall keep the Owner updated on the status of their Pet while they are at Doggie Retreat.
- Such updates shall be provided by way of Whatsapp text messages to the Owner and shall include photographs and videos of the Pet. Doggie Retreat also undertakes to keep the Owner informed of any unusual behaviour, illness, injuries, or incidents involving the Pet.
- The Owner agrees to permit Doggie Retreat to publish such photographs and videos of their Pet for social media, marketing, and promotion purposes. Any photographs and videos containing personal data of individuals shall also be subject to our Personal Data Protection Policy.
- At an additional charge, Doggie Retreat provides Owners with the option of home-cooked food for the Pets during their time at Doggie Retreat. This home-cooked food is made of brown rice, vegetables, protein from available sources, and supplemented with coconut oil and probiotics.
- In the event that the Owner does not wish to opt-in for Doggie Retreat’s home-cooked dog food, the Owner shall provide a sufficient amount of the Pet’s food for the Pet’s stay at Doggie Retreat together with any snacks or treats for the Pet.
- If the Pet has been prescribed with any medication and/or supplements, the Owner shall provide the same to Doggie Retreat with detailed instructions as to how such medication and/or supplements are to be administered to the Pet.
- The Owner acknowledges and agrees that Doggie Retreat and its employees are not professional vets and shall not be liable for any adverse effects of medication that may be administered at the owner’s request.
- MEDICAL ATTENTION
- Doggie Retreat works closely with Amber Vet and Brighton Vet.
- In the event the Pet sustains an injury or displays signs of illness, or is perceived to require emergency medical attention for any reason whatsoever, Doggie Retreat shall immediately provide basic first aid to the Pet.
- In the event that Doggie Retreat staff assess that the services of a vet are required, Doggie Retreat shall immediately transport the Pet to either vet, depending on the availability of appointments and notify the Owner at its earliest convenience.
- Doggie Retreat shall make any payments necessary on behalf and shall seek full reimbursement of the same from the Owner and the Owner agrees to reimburse Doggie Retreat fully with restrictions, conditions, deductions, or withholding.
- PET BEHAVIOUR
- The Owner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behaviour of Pet while in the care of Doggie Retreat, including payments of costs of injury to Doggie Retreat employees, Pets or damage to facilities caused by Pet.
- The Owner also agrees that any necessary and appropriate measures shall be taken by Doggie Retreat to ensure that other Pets and Doggie Retreat employees are well protected from any aggressive or unwanted behaviour by the Pets. The Doggie Retreat employees shall endeavour to use gentle measures to avert such behaviour.
- Where the Owner requests for pet grooming services for the Pet or engages Doggie Retreat solely for pet grooming, the Owner agrees to the following:
- 10.1.1.That grooming equipment have sharp edges and while extreme caution and care shall be taken by Doggie Retreat in all situations, possible injuries could occur including cuts, nicks, scratches, quicking of nails, etc.
- 10.1.2.That the Pet may have pre-existing, undiagnosed and/or underlying conditions prior to engaging Doggie Retreat’s grooming services and it is not possible to exhaustively identify all conditions before, during and/or after grooming services. Doggie Retreat shall inform Owner of any such conditions that require Owner’s decision to proceed further with Doggie Retreat grooming services, and that Doggie Retreat cannot be held responsible for issues relating to any of Pets’ pre-existing, undiagnosed and/or underlying conditions.
- 10.1.3.That excessive matting can be avoided with regular brushing and grooming. In the event where the Pet’s matted fur requires removal, the Owner understands that neglect to the Pet's fur coat can cause medical conditions such as mould, fungus or bacteria growth, resulting in skin irritations. De-matting is a painful and time-consuming process that can cause discomfort to the Pet and may result in nicks, cuts or abrasions. The after-effects of procedures may include but are not limited to itchiness, skin redness, self-inflicted irritations or abrasions and bald patches. Matted fur can be very difficult to remove and may require the pet to be shaved. Shaved pets are prone to sunburn and should be kept out of the sun until their fur coat have grown sufficiently to protect the skin.
- 10.1.4.That shave downs or custom cuts that are outside normal specific breed haircuts shall be discussed with Owner and the groomer shall carry out the same to the best of his/her understanding of Owner’s directions and his/her ability but no other guarantee is made. Shaving of the Pet may dramatically change the Pet’s appearance.
- 10.1.5.That Doggie Retreat cannot be held responsible for development of new adverse conditions that may occur as a result of grooming service and it is the Owner’s responsibility to ensure that the newly groomed Pet is cared for as required including but not limited to the avoidance of direct sunlight, avoidance of excess stimulation and unsanitary environments including but not limited to bushes, grass, tarmac, roads that may increase the likelihood of microbial infections.
- The Owner covenants and undertakes to indemnify and hold Doggie Retreat and their respective officers, managers, partners, agents, employees, controlling persons, members and any other person affiliated with any of them (collectively known as the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless against any damages, losses, liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis as well after as before judgment) and expenses which Indemnified Parties may suffer or incur relating to, in connection with, arising from any and all Services provided by Doggie Retreat.
- FULL & COMPLETE DISCLOSURE
- By completing the above form and signing this Agreement, the Owner warrants and represents:
- 12.1.1.That all information that has been provided by the Owner to Doggie Retreat (whether during the inquiry process carried out, the assessment session, information provided in the intake form above, or via any other means of communication), including but not limited to any information about the health, allergies, preferred food brands, feeding schedule, and ownership of the Pet is accurate.
- 12.1.2.That the Pet has received its basic vaccinations and is up to date with the applicable flea and tick treatments. The Owner further agrees to provide Doggie Retreat with the Pet’s vaccination records upon request.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- By completing the above form and signing this Agreement, the Owner agrees:
- That no amount of vaccination requirement, sanitation or personalized care can prevent Pets from contracting an airborne virus or communicable diseases.
- That Pets, being pack animals, lead with their teeth or paws/claws, are unpredictable in nature, scrapes and puncture wounds can be a result of play and not necessarily aggression and no amount of supervision can provide absolute certainty to prevent pets from being injured. The Owner further agrees to be responsible for all damages and medical treatment for all injuries to the Pet. The Owner also understands and acknowledges that if an injury is proven to have occurred due to unprovoked aggression, the Owner of the aggressive pet is responsible for medical treatment of the injured pet.
- That incidents that arise entirely out of Doggie Retreat’s control can also cause serious injury, illness or death of Pets including but not limited to impact trauma from traffic accidents or falls, malfunctioning of pet leashes, collars or harnesses resulting in escape or suffocation, electrocution by chewing on live wires or electrical equipment, falling tree branches or parts or fruits, insect stings or pet’s allergic reaction to stings, food poisoning from consumption of discarded food or waste, use of criminal force by parties outside the control of Doggie Retreat.
- That the Services Doggie Retreat provides have inherent risks which may result in serious injury, illness or death of Pets. This includes but is not limited to transportation risks that may occur while transporting pets to and from the Doggie Retreat. The Owner agrees to hereby exempt, release and waive all rights to claim against Indemnified Parties from all liability or responsibility whatsoever for property damage, pet injury or death however caused, including but not limited to the negligence of the Indemnified Parties, whether passive or active.
- RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act shall not apply to this service agreement and unless specifically herein provided no person other than the parties to this service agreement shall have any rights under it nor shall it be enforceable by any person other than the Owner and Doggie Retreat
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Doggie Retreat does not give any warranty as to the Services. Whilst Doggie Retreat shall endeavour to complete the Services, Doggie Retreat shall not be liable to the Owner or any third party by reason of any delay, loss or damage howsoever arising out of or in connection with the provision of the Services.
- In no event shall Doggie Retreat be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, punitive, exemplary direct or indirect losses or damages whether in contract or tort arising from the supply of the Services or the performance or non-performance of its obligations hereunder.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Doggie Retreat's total liability to the Owner for any claim arising out of the Services shall be limited to $200, regardless of the number of Pets left to the care of Doggie Retreat.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Doggie Retreat and the Owner. All terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be binding on the spouses, heirs, administrators, personal representatives and assignees of Owner.
- If any term, covenant, condition, or provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, such a finding shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- This Agreement is governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of Singapore and the parties hereto hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
- PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2012
In respect of any personal data acquired in the course of the Owner’s engagement of Doggie Retreat’s Services, please refer to our Personal Data Protection policy on the collection, use, disclosure and storage of such data.
Acknowledgement by Owner
I have read through the above Service Agreement and consent to the terms and conditions in this document as explained to me by the Doggie Retreat employees.
Signature of Owner: ____________________________________
Name of Owner: _______________________________________________